Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Advice and prayers needed

Soon we'll be taking K, who is two months old today, to Hawaii for my brother's wedding.  Thankfully it's a direct flight, but it's about 8 hours long.  K likes to be moving and rarely sleeps more than 30-45 minutes except at night.  She also likes to scream when she's tired or hungry.  Even though she's flying as a lap child, they are supposed to have a bassinet that connects to the bulkhead by our seats and we'll be bringing her carseat in case there's room.  I know I need to feed her on take off and landing.  Any other advice?  I really hope she doesn't scream and cry too much; I don't want the other paasengers to hate us.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Addie and I flew when she was three months old. I was nervous but it all went pretty well. I recommend the flyebaby. It is a little hammock that attaches to the tray table and anchors around your waist. It was great for a nap and also gives you a place for her that is handsfree. I do suggest trying it out at home (i pretended a book was the tray table) so you have a general idea of how to use it. Other suggestions : hand sanitizer, extra packs if she uses them, and the mint for walking through the airport and boarding. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Autocorrect changed moby to mint. Mints are always good too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear her! I flew with A at that age and jsut wore her in the moby the whole time. They "told" me I needed to take her out during take off and landing, but never came back to check. :) Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Run, don't walk to the nearest health food store and pick up some infant/baby Melatonin drops. Many of the international adoptive parents I know (myself included) have used the Melatonin drops for those super long flights to get their baby to 'sleep' safely and with a natural product. If you decide you want to try it, use it a time or two before your flight to see how she tolerates and responds to it. Usually they are 'out' in about 20 minutes after a few drops are placed on the tongue. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I have no advice but I wanted to say I love looking at pictures of K! She is precious!!! Put up more!

    Have a safe and fun trip. Hawaii sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete