Friday, August 21, 2009

Scary bleeding (TMI warning) ETA

Last night I had some really heavy bleeding. I completely soaked a pad in about 2 hours and had very large clots. It was the heaviest bleeding I've ever had (and I'm only P+10). I had some cramping but they weren't too bad. I was very thankful D was home when it happened since I was quite concerned that I might have to go to the ER or Urgent Care. I took some flax oil (like is recommended in Fer.tility, Cy.cles and Nutr.ition, and it slowed down. I don't know if the flax oil actually helped out or not, but if it starts back I'll try again. I called PPVI and talked to a nurse who is going to see what Dr. H has to say and I'll update once I hear back. My body truly does have some serious issues.

ETA: I didn't go to the ER or urgent care because the bleeding lasted 2-3 hours, and it slowed down a lot right after I got concerned. No word from Dr. H yet.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh! Sorry to hear about all this. I hope it slows down for you. I am very interested in the nutritional fertility book you are reading...I am going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this happens again, I would suggest going to urgent care or ER. Bleeding like that isn't normal.Please let us know what Hilgers says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that is so scary!! Clotting and heavy bleeding is scary enough, but to soak through a pad in 2 hrs... FJIEJ is absolutely right, that is NOT normal. I'm so glad that it has slowed down, and I hope you're feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that alot and I mean alot in the years preceding my surgeries. It is so scary. I went to er one time bc it so scary and I did not know if it meant an early miscarriage. I hope some help is on the way. A brighter day is going to come your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that all is okay! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! i hope that the scary bleeding is gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have bleeding like this and funny enough thought it was normal. Have you been tested for MTHFR?

    Thank you for your comments on my blog. Sorry it took me so long to get over here. I'm keeping you in my prayers and adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have serious pet peeeves about ill-monitored children in church - I think I would have to restrain myself from strangling the parents of a child who wailed the WHOLE time. (Maybe I avoid occasions of sadness by being annoyed about everything.) I'm sorry you had a rough time this morning :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. My comment (obviously for a completely different post) indicates just how badly my browser is working. The honeymoon period with the new computer was short...

    I meant to comment on YOUR blog that I'm not sure I've ever had bleeding like that, but if it were during my period, it wouldn't occur to me to think that it was unusual. (At p+10 it seems unlikely it would be an early miscarriage, doesn't it?) I know there are some nutritional and also hormonal things that can cause you to bleed really heavily, without being a sign of health problems. Anyway, I hope you get this sorted out and it's not something problematic!

    ReplyDelete