Thursday, October 13, 2011

Prayers for a friend, and some other things

Most importantly, a friend of mine just had her third miscarriage.  Please keep her and her husband in your prayers.

K had her 6 month appointment on Tuesday and she weighed 14 lbs, 2 oz, which is a gain of almost a pound in a month.  She's 24 1/2 inches tall.  Her percentiles are staying consistent so the doctor is fine.  He was very impressed with her physical abilities (scooting, sitting).  K is taking about 5-8 ounces of formula a day and I am continuing to support her in slowly weaning herself from the formula.  I hope

We decided to wait a little while to move K to her own room, but we are moving her to her pack and play as soon as she falls asleep instead of letting her stay in the bed since it was preventing all of us from getting good sleep.

Tuesday was also my 31st birthday.  We went out to dinner and had sushi.  My sisters-in-law were in town this past weekend, and we went out on a date after K went to bed on Saturday night.  It was great to just have some couple time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your friend :( Prayers for her! And thanks for commenting on my blog. I hate that our babies are having a hard time gaining weight, but at the same time, it's always good to know that you aren't the only one out there. I agree weight issues with children are soooo frustrating and difficult. It can drive you crazy trying to pump all these calories into these tiny little babies! Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete