Monday, January 11, 2010
I got my results from the cortisol draw (11.4 at 9am), and Dr. H wants me to do the low-dose cortisone since it was on the low side of normal and due to the my answers to the adrenal questionnaire. I got the letter late today, so I'll be talking to the PPVI nurses tomorrow. D and I also have been on the 21-day antibiotic regimen again. The worst part is the horrible taste in my mouth that develops after I take the pill.
To Misfit, I don't think that any sort of hormonal intervention would work at this point in my cycle, plus I don't want to use up any time on hormonal support before my surgery when it's less likely to result in a pregnancy (assuming of course that once I'm cleaned out I'll actually be able to get pregnant). It is my first full cycle after my lap so maybe that's why ovulation is delayed. I wouldn't have thought that it would be holiday stress since the cycle didn't even start until after Christmas. I guess I should assume that next cycle will be a break cycle unless I ovulate this week sometime or have late ovulation that cycle and don't ovulate until after the surgery. I would be nice to be pre-peak and close to ovulation at the time of my surgery so I could do the u/s series. I'd like to get the series done but if it doesn't happen this time, it won't happen in Omaha. I wish I could get it done locally.
I'm feeling a bit down right now. My grandma feel again and broke a rib. She has problems with nerve transmission and it's really easy for her to fall down due to that. I'm tired of waiting for my surgery since I was hoping everything would be fixed last month. It's been 18 months since I found out about Creighton charting and over a year since I received my letter from Dr. H saying that I'd need to have the surgery done and that he suspected endometriosis.