Saturday, July 10, 2010

Improvement (and some other random stuff)

I've had a better start to this cycle compared to previous ones.  I didn't really have cramps, just some back pain.  I stopped bleeding on after CD7, which is a huge, let me say it again HUGE improvement since I've been going to CD 10+ most cycles.  I don't know if the antibiotics had anything to do with it, but if they are the reason I'm not still bleeding (and I'll be even more impressed if I don't have post-ovulation bleeding) then I can deal with a funky stomach and metallic taste for another 6 months.

I told D that I was done bleeding and he laughed at how happy/proud I was, but he doesn't have to wear feminine hygiene products for 2/3 of the month (ex. last cycle with 20 days of bleeding out of a 30 day cycle).  If I manage to make it to P+14 or 15 (which is of course a long way off), I may actually get my hopes somewhat up.  However, even if we don't actually conceive, I will be thrilled just to not be bleeding all the time.

Prayer buddy (and all the rest of you wonderful ladies), please pray that the bleeding will continue to stay away.  Also, please pray for my first cousin once removed, she has Stage 3 breast cancer.  My grandma is really worried about whether she'll lose her sister (my great aunt) if her (my great aunt) daughter loses her cancer battle.  We went to visit my grandparents today since we were in town (they live about 6 hours away so we always try to visit when we come even for other things), and she started crying when she was talking about it. 

Thursday and Friday, D and I went with a friend and his kids (plus his nephew) to a great waterpark in Central Texas (I bet any Texan would know where I'm talking about).  We had a great time, but it was hard to see D with our friend's almost three year old since I haven't been able to give that to him.  The good news is that D and I could definitely handle taking a 3 year old to a waterpark, just the two of us.  I got slightly sunburned and so did D (even after putting on sunscreen), but it's not too bad.

My mom is in from overseas and is at our house for the next week.  Last time she was in was for my surgery, and I spent most of the time sleeping or feeling nauseated.

The baby, a little boy, that I'm going to nanny for was born earlier this week.  I'll probably start working in about a week since the dad will be out of town for flight stuff and her mom won't be able to come to town.

15 comments:

  1. Yah, so many exciting things happening!! I am so excited you get to spend time with your mom and you will be able to start working AFTER she leaves :) Perfect timing!

    Yah for less bleeding, that is so amazing!! I think the antibiotics do something to help that out!!

    Sorry I have not called recently, not really sure what is going on with me, but I stay tired and a bit grouchy!! I go to be really early and so far I have trying to adjust to my new routine. Hope to call you one day soon, but I will try to wait until your mom's visit is over! Enjoy your time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the bleeding is better. That is crazy the amount of bleeding you have. Hopefully, this is the start of a new trend! Have a great time with your mom - yes, I think you definitely be able to enjoy this more than last time! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy this cycle looks more promising and sorry you have had to deal with this! Very hopeful for you that the abx are your answer! I am sorry about your cousin and said a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on a normal cycle so far! We'll pray that it stays that way. Good luck in your new position and have a blast with your mom! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, stay away bleeding!!! Bring on P+16!!! :-) I am so glad things are improving, hopefully those antibiotics are doing their job! Enjoy your visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that the bleeding was shorter this cycle! Excellent!
    Hoping it stays away :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah...go away bleeding, go away.

    Just curious have you ever been checked for a polyp or a fibroid?

    Prayers for P +16 and more going up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah...go away bleeding, go away.

    Just curious have you ever been checked for a polyp or a fibroid?

    Prayers for P +16 and more going up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying hard that the bleeding stays away! Super jealous about the waterpark - I am a sucker for waterslides. I am truly a child when it comes to sliding down a crazy tube of water. Enjoy your time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knocking on wood that the bleeding is normal this month. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad the bleeding is improving! Bleeding 2/3 of your life is nobody's idea of a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear the bleeding is getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yippee! I was hoping things would get better with the bleeding, and I hope that is a sign of good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's funny because I feel like I know you so well, yet I don't know you at all! ha. I have been praying for you ever since I read your blog. Looks like things are getting better and hopefully will with the antibiotics. I'll keep that and your dear cousin in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete