Thursday, May 27, 2010

PIO

I did have a message on my home machine from PPVI from this morning with more details that I just saw (however, I'm still annoyed that I didn't hear back from them).  Dr. H wants me to do PIO shots on P+4, P+7, and P+10, which is funny to me since I have high progesterone (20 ng/mL+) every time it's tested including during crazy bleeding.  However, I'm willing to try most anything to get this stupid bleeding to stop.  Since I've already passed P+4 and P+7, I may not be starting until next cycle with the shots, but I'll find out when I talk to them tomorrow.  If I do need the shot this cycle, I'll have to go through the local compounding pharmacy and try to get in touch with my doctor friend  How do I find out whether any part of PIO will be covered by my insurance?  Any suggestions on what the least expensive way to go on getting them for next cycle is?


5 comments:

  1. My progesterone (and hcg when ttc) were totally covered by insurance. Here is the kicker-it was covered by medical benefits, not pharmacy, so the easiest way to get it done close to right was to go through the mail order pharmacy my insurance has. Also, my plan doesn't cover compounds, so I had to get the premade stuff (weaker, i.e. take double the amt of shots). It's worth it b/c it is not just covered, but covered 100%. I have Ci.gna and TelDr.ug can rush it out next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no suggestions, but I am praying that this all gets straightened out soon. I know you are frustrated and want normal cycles and answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I don't have any answers for you, but please know that you're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try to make the get together in shreveport. might not be the whole time though, Dh just started a new job and will only be off on weekends.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when the protocols they suggest make no logical sense to me. But like you, I always give them a shot (heh, heh) anyway. Good luck getting hold of some PIO and getting your insurance to pay for it!

    ReplyDelete