Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Due to the distraction of Ike, I forgot to mention the sad anniversary that is today. As most adults do, I remember where I was when I heard about the terrorist attacks. I was staying with my grandparents for the last semester of college (I graduated in December) and my mom called right before I was leaving to drive to school. My grandparents turned on the TV after the second tower had been hit. I left to drive the 70 miles to school and I listened to the radio the whole way up. As I drove, both the towers fell.

It's strange to me how long ago it was and that children don't remember that day and really understand what we're remembering. I pray that everyone who lost anyone in the attacks is able to find peace, and that our country will continue to be protected from further attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment