Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Story of Mr. & Mrs. Blondie Part 1

D and I met about 7 years ago in the summer of 2001. We were at a mutual friend from church's house, who was also a friend of my brother, and we were swimming. I don't remember the exact date, but I do remember sitting on the outdoor couch next to him in my bathing suit (and I know which bathing suit) and towel. I knew from the moment I met D that I wanted to be with him, but at the time he was dating someone else and had been for about a year. He remembers meeting me and how he thought that M (my brother)'s sister was cute. At the time we met, D and I were different colleges in different cities, so we only saw each other during summers and Christmas break at church or when friends got together.

I graduated in December 2001, and moved back with my parents while I waited to start graduate school. During that spring, I actually ended up becoming friends with D's ex-girlfriend (they broke up in early spring 2002) because we were both going on the World Youth Day 2002 trip to Toronto. During that summer, I ended up spending a lot of time with D, but most of the time his ex was there. Since he was friends with my brother, he also spent time at our house. We had a splash fight in a hot tub at party when everyone else had gone inside. At some point in time that summer, I ended up telling D that I was interested in him, but I was still friends with his ex and the break-up was too new and he wasn't interested. Obviously, the story doesn't end here, but it's a good stopping point for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment