Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bras, Part 2

I had to go buy a new "bra" (actually I bought two camisoles with built in bras).  I had bought a new bra (#1) about 12 hours before finding out I was pregnant, which only was comfortable about 4 days.  I bought a new bra (#2) about 3 weeks ago since bra #1 was uncomfortable.  Well, today bra #2 has become uncomfortable and I think I'm going to have to get another new bra (#3 and I'm not even and I'm not even 8 weeks yet). The main issue I'm having with the current bra is the underwire being quite painful.  I ended up get the camisoles since I'm not sure where to find a bra in my size (my current bra is 34 D and I'm not sure if I need to go up yet or not) that doesn't have underwire and isn't a full coverage bra. I hope I don't need to keep doing this every few weeks; that would be pretty ridiculous.  Hopefully the camisoles will give me a bit of time before I need something new.

I'd been having a lot of gagging the past few days, and I gagged on my evening pills and ended up throwing up.  I'm actually a bit surprised that it took me this long (7 weeks, 5 days).  We'll see if it's a one time thing or a trend.

10 comments:

  1. My boobs have been growing out of control too! I found some inepensive wire free bras at target that are super comfy and not super full coverage. I also found one at Kohls that is awesome if you have one of those near you. Victoria's Secret also has a wire free ipex one. I bought one a few years back. It's comfortable but pricy. Especially if you grow out of it in a few weeks. And too be honest...the cheap ones at Target and Kohls were just as good. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very sensitive gag reflex during pregnancies - I even had trouble brushing my teeth. It passed after the first trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I have had terrible gagging with both of my pregnancies, and it was always the worst when I would brush my teeth! I would usually feel like I was going to throw up afterward, and I would quickly go lay on the bed and take deep breaths while I waited for the nausea to pass.
    It's not fun, but it is worth every second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait'll your milk comes in, ha ha ha! Your boobs will seem like aliens from outer space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that gag reflex doesn't last long. You have to wonder, "what does this have to do with being pregnant?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seconding the recommendation to check out Target, I've had good luck there. Hoping the sensitive gag reflex does not last long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went from a C to a DD between weeks 4 and 7 of my first pregnancy. I've held steady at 36DD (38 when pregnant, it's more comfy) through nursing and pregnancy #2. Those first few weeks of pregnancy #1 were crazy though. I kept thinking I couldn't possibly have outgrown it, but it doesn't fit...and then go buy another one. I second the suggestion of cheap bras from Target. They work pretty well and if you want to upgrade to something nicer I'd wait until you are sure your size is going to stay the same. I just got a nursing bra by Motherhood that I am in love with, it's wire free and kind of sport bra like. Nice for around the house but not good enough shaping for dress up. It was $20.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're a 34 D, how can you wear the camisoles? I would fall right out of those! I thought they only supported A's and B's.. haha. Mine are on the rather large size, to put it mildly, and I have found that I can wear a sports bra around the house and it's comfy and gets the job done. I also have been wearing them to bed, something I never did pre-pregnancy. And I know everyone is different, but mine grew yet again around weeks 18-20. And they're probably not done yet, I'm sure!

    I am actually long overdue in posting about this topic on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned so much from this post! Thanks. The camisole idea is fantastic. I hope to borrow your idea one day. I hope your gag reflex calms down soon so you can enjoy all the foods you like. I can't wait to keep hearing about your adventures in Mommyhood! I continue to be so thrilled for you.

    Love in Christ, Little JoAnn

    ReplyDelete