Monday, August 16, 2010

First OB appt.

Baby Blondie's first picture


Baby Blondie's little heart is beating at 122 beats a minute and he/she is measuring at 6 weeks exactly (I'm 6 weeks, 2 days) although the baby was really close to my uterine wall which made it harder for the tech to measure.  D was there for the u/s but not the rest of the appointment because he had to get back to work.  I'm so glad D was able to be there even though it put him behind for the rest of the day.  He took the u/s picture with him back to work, but brought it home so we could scan it.  He's going to keep it on his wall at work.  I haven't had any more spotting since Saturday.  I had my progesterone draw for PPVI and I'll be getting my PIO injection this evening.

I did decide to switch obs since my ob basically said if I want to do a natural birth I'd be better off switching to a different ob and even gave some recommendations.  I made my appointment with the new ob and it'll be on September 15.  I've got to call and see if they are going to do an u/s with the appointment (and try to convince them if they aren't planning to).  

I'm feeling quite nauseous, but I still haven't had true morning sickness quite yet.  Last night and this morning were pretty close though.  I can't eat meat (or really talk much about it).  I'm pretty tired and I have get up a lot during the night to pee.  I don't really have any breast tenderness or anything.  I'm feeling bloated, but I don't think that I've actually really changed any yet.  I have still be having pressure mainly on my left side, but my corpus luteum is on my right ovary so I don't know what that's from.  It's really funny that the baby so much smaller still than the corpus luteum but already has a heartbeat.

D would like me to let everyone know that he's awesome (and a goofball).  D is awesome because he's in cleaning the kitchen and making my dinner while I sit on the couch and rest.

My brother took D's old car (D's now driving our truck and I still have my car) so he could drive back to school (here's Friday's post about the accident...he's fine).  My parents are talking about basically transfering that car into their name and then D and I would get a new car (new to us at least) once my parents get the check and they'd help us with the down payment or whatever.

15 comments:

  1. 122 was our heartbeat at our first appointment! What a great number! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong little heart he/she has! I'm happy to hear that things are going well. I give you credit for wanting to go all natural. And you sound like you have this morning sickness under control...nice. Good luck finding a car. I'm sure you can get a good deal right now! And yes, we all know how awesome D is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that D could be there for the u/s! Clearly, he is wonderful! Oh, what our husbands do for us... It's so good to hear that the spotting has stopped and that your doctor referred you to a different ob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting post....I'm so happy for you! You deserve this so much:)I can't imagine hearing a heartbeat...I think I would pass out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY LATE in sending this... Please forgive me.

    CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMA!! : )

    I know I've been quiet lately, but know that you are always close in thought and prayer... God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news! God is so good!
    D sounds very sweet making it to the appt and dinner etc-tell him gold star from me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! Amazing photo, and I'm so glad that everything went well at the u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture of Baby Blondie!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your appointment went well!

    My sister couldn't/wouldn't eat meat when she was pregnant. The meat she did manage to eat had to be "hidden" in casseroles and such. I'd never heard of that side effect of pregnancy before, but apparently it is quite common!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news. I'm so glad the first ob was upfront and able to lead you to a new one that will be a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats and great heartbeat! Our daughter's was 96 bpm when we measured 6 weeks, 1 day. 122 is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've gotta be one proud mama looking at you little miracle's first ever photo!!!! ;) So beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete