Monday, August 2, 2010

Updates from calls to doctors * Updated

If you didn't see my previous post with the story of the BFP, my first ob appointment and u/s is two weeks from today, Monday, August 16.  I'll be bring the little boy I nanny for to my appointment (I already checked with his mom).  I got my local ob to order a beta for tomorrow, and the normal ob screen (I figured they'd be drawing blood then so I might as well the screen run then instead of waiting).

I also talked to PPVI.  The nurse is checking on whether Dr. H wants us to do any more antibiotics and whether I should take the Pain and Brain supplement (I stopped after the positive test until I heard from him).  They faxed the order so that I could send the bloodwork to them and that's been sent to Omaha.  He did put me on PIO and I'll be picking that up from the compounding pharmacy soon.  I'm not sure if I'll need to continue the supplementation since the local lab (I'm have it run both places) said the progesterone is greater than 40; we'll have to see what numbers PPVI gets and if they think I'm safer with supplementation.

I'm tired so I'm going to take a nap now.

Updated: Yes, I was on my first round of cyclical antibiotics this cycle.  I have no problems doing PIO the whole pregnancy if necessary.  I definitely want to do everything possible to keep this pregnancy safe.

7 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't need the pio? But so glad you are on it until you are positive. I am very interested to see how the numbers compare. It sounds like you are doing everything possible! Let me know if you want to talk about antibiotics during pregnancy, I've done orals and IVs and will help you navigate that if necessary. Remind me, were you on cyclical abx when you got pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading all this on your blog is just like a dream! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your numbers just look fantastic all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to do your Pg Eval!!

    Wanna call me Thurs evening?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so real...I can't believe it! Do you just have a permanent smile???

    ReplyDelete