Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Appointment with New OB

I had my first appointment with my new ob yesterday afternoon at 8 weeks, 2 days.  The appointment went well.  I like the new doctor.  I was able to get an u/s.  It was abdominal so I couldn't see too much, but I heard the baby's heartbeat (176 bpm).  She also look at the SCH (the bleed) and said that I might have some spotting off and on but it'll likely be done by 14-16 weeks.   She actually does at least a quick u/s at every office visit.  My next appointment will be on Sept. 15 (10 weeks, 4 days); I had this past one extra due to the SCH.

I also got my every two week blood draw done for sending to PPVI for progesterone.  I tried to get it done before my appointment, but I had to leave after waiting 20 minutes and come back after the appointment.  Since the post office was already closed and I was hungry, I told them I'd just pick it up this morning.  I got over there (and I brought the little boy I nanny for) and someone had sent the blood up to one of the other hospitals in the system.  Now I'm waiting for them to send the blood back down and then we've got to go back and pick it up and take it to the post office.  I'm glad that they at least didn't run it; I would have been really angry since I had my PIO last night so I couldn't get the draw redone today.  I'm pretty sure the post office will be super busy when we go now.

5 comments:

  1. That is frustrating! At least it is fixable, right? Wonderful that baby Blondie is doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great heartbeat! Sounds like everything is going well. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love docs that do quick scans with each visit. My new one was like this until I could feel the baby regularly and it is such a nice thing. Sorry to hear about the blood, but you are right, def good they didn't run it. I just got mine done today. If you can believe it, I forgot two weeks ago. Totally forgot! My.brain.is.mush! I chose to wait since I've been on the mid dose forever and my doc appts and the draws all line up if I don't change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that your doc will do an U/S at each visit. That should be standard practice! But we must poo-poo the lab for their error. How frustrating! And then to wait...again. At least you ended up with it :)

    ReplyDelete