Friday, August 27, 2010

Not a Fluke and More about Bras

I was hoping throwing up yesterday was just a fluke from gagging on my vitamins.  Nope, I have true "morning" sickness.  I threw up twice today and we were out at a restaurant, which was awesome. :(  Actually I feel pretty good in the morning, but I feel terrible in the late afternoon and evening.  I guess I was pretty lucky to make it to almost 8 weeks before actually throwing up, considering that I had nausea at 4 weeks, 2 days.  I think I'll have to try Unisom & B6; maybe I can get D do buy some Unisom tomorrow.


Well, it’s not quite as supportive as I would like (although I’m going to take the strap in some and it should be better, but I did find a camisole at Target that I could actually fit into and it’s on the longer side so it should help cover my tummy once I start showing.  It’s actually a low cut (well it looks a lot lower on me than the lady in the picture on the website) with a criss-cross and it’s not the tight sucking-in shelf bra.  It’s definitely more comfortable than the underwire that was digging in to me yesterday.  I didn't want to buy a nursing cami now and have it be too small once I'm actually nursing.  I would like to get a least one actual bra soon, so if anyone knows of a store/brand/style to look at for wirefree bras that are relatively inexpensive, not full coverage (hopefully closer to a demi cut) and come in larger cup sizes (it'll need to be D or DD).  I didn't see much when I went to Target yesterday, but I wasn't feeling up to searching every single rack.  


8 comments:

  1. I bought my bras at Motherhood Maternity...I went up a cup size so I have growing room but my bbs haven't grown...I love them! I also got 2 nighttime nursing bras but since they were the "biggest" they had and they fit fine I got them they are comfy too....I think I got 4 for $60...IT was buy 3 get 1 free....But they are about $20 a piece....not bad.

    So funny about your bra situation....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble with bras too (but later in the pregnancy). Once I got to 20 weeks I got 2 good wirefree/nursing bras at Nordstrom. I figured by that point in time it would likely fit me after the birth too. They were expensive but are great. Also, I have a couple Champion sports bras from Target that I wear on my work day and they have been pretty comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...it found you. I'm sorry about that :( Good luck with the bras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh morning sickness stinks, and I hope you feel better in a few weeks. The B6 and Unisom is a great idea, and I also liked gingerale. I also found that if I kept a snack with me at all times, it really helped. I would keep goldfish or a granola bar in my purse, and whenever I started to feel the nausea coming on, I would have a little snack. It helped me so much!
    I also wore Sea Bands on my wrists. You can get them at big drug store chains, and they are usually by the dramamine. They are fabric wrist bands with plastic pressure point balls in them. They actually helped me a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the sickness. A couple of friends told me that eating often helped them. I know everyone is different, though. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw an infomercial and it made me think of you. It is called the Ah bra. It does not have wires. You do not order your normal bra size. THey said to order your top size...so it looks like it will allow you to grow and still fit????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you feel better soon! As for the bras... I have a post about this, too, but no real advice other than to head to Dillards, Nordstrom, etc. Dillards has the best selection imho and I usually just get one or two quality bras each year. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target has great nursing tanks! I love wearing them around the house. I brought 3 before my son was born and another 3 afterwards because I wore them so much. I don't like to wear them to work.
    I like wearing Bravado nursing bras the best. They have one that is S-XL size that fits a group of sizes that grow with you. it is great for pre-baby and nursing. i highly recommend their tanks too. I can wear those to work without a problem b/c it's a real bra inside. they are worth the extra $$.

    ReplyDelete